Roleplay Galore
Roleplay Galore has officially moved <a href="http://roleplaygalore.boards.net/">HERE</a>. This site will be up for seven days. Any members who wish to have access to any old threads, must contact a administrator.
Roleplay Galore
Roleplay Galore has officially moved <a href="http://roleplaygalore.boards.net/">HERE</a>. This site will be up for seven days. Any members who wish to have access to any old threads, must contact a administrator.
Roleplay Galore
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG has moved HERE.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Simmer-badge-1The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] VRYiRNnThe Canary and its Songbird [Adv] UIbtwMaThe Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Seany-badge_zps23d7ab32
The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] YtNp4N6

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Empty
PostSubject: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:51 pm

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] E0hlvr

Title: 
(The Canary and its Songbird) The Singer and the Songwriter.

Rating:
PG-16, I wouldn't like too much sensual content, but I would like some in it.

Literate level: 
Advanced (2 paragraphs is the minimum.)

Genre:
Realistic Romance

Type of roleplay: 
1x1

If your roleplay is 1x1, who is your partner: 
@Keiipuu

Accepting any members:
In this RP, there are only two slots, a male and a female. I would like to be the female, leaving the other slot a male. (Or a female, if you'd like it that way.)

Short description of roleplay:
Kellin Smith finds her in a sticky situation when she signs up for a songwriting competition and finds out on the day of the contest that she needs a new partner, when hers cancels on her for another contestant. Now, she has no choice but to ask a male singer whose partner canceled due to cold feet, for help. The only difficulty is that that male happens to be Kellin's mortal enemy who bullied her all through middle and high school.

Anything extra: 
This RP will be set in the college years of each character, while they are on summer break.

I already have my character's name up, she's a female. However, I haven't actually made her skeleton, I just named her. :3 So if you are up for boyxgirl, I'll do it, girlxgirl is also alright with me.

TABLE:
1) Table
2) Plot
3) Rules
4) Character Skeleton

Last edited by Defy The Deranged on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Simmer-badge-1The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] VRYiRNnThe Canary and its Songbird [Adv] UIbtwMaThe Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Seany-badge_zps23d7ab32

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:52 pm

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] 2mgqv84

The Canary & its Songbird is a competition aired on television in which musically-incluned adults between the ages of 18-22 can pair up and compete for a grand prize. Requirements are that all the participants know English and have at least one year of experience either singing or songwriting.

In the the beginning of the competition, which starts on the first Saturday of June, there will be groups of two participants each. One canary and its songbird, which is the writer of their songs. Each of the groups will be sent to London and share a flat with one another, in order to work on a song that fits with the theme that will be announced every Sunday. The competitors will have until Thursay to write up their songs. At noon on Thursday, the groups will be asked to submit their songs and then have until Saturday to plan a performance. The performance will be on Saturday, in the evening. Judges will score the performance and eliminate one group they feel did not produce quality work. Afterwards, the remaining contestants will be shipped to another place and begin the same cycle over again.

The two groups left in the finals will be transported to New York City and share one house together. The cycle changes here. Each group will be asked to compact all the themes they have been given into one original song. They then will have to create a big showcase, which will be performed in front of everyone on stage. The groups have two weeks to do all of this, and there will be no limit on how much you spend on each component, as long as it adds up to two weeks. (You can spend one week on song one on showcase, two days on song, the rest on showcase, etc.) In the end, one team will be eliminated, and the other will win the entire competition.

The prize consists of: 
1,000,000 for each member.
New songwriting software for the songbird.
The choice of a recording contract for the canary.
The ability to return the next year as a judge.

Rules of the competition are as follows:
- You must have at least 1 year of experience being a singer or songwriter (One year singing lessons, one year songwriting lessons, etc.)

- You are allowed to develop a romantic relation while in the competition, but you are not allowed to be dating prior to the competition.

- Plagarism is not allowed, teams plagarizing other works will be pulled from the competition and banned for life.

- Unsportsmanly conduct is not allowed, any of the sort will result in the offenders being pulled from the competition and forced to not enter for two years.

Kellin, a writer who dreams of being the right hand woman to an aspiring artist, hears of the competition and signs up. Her partner is her best friend, Michelle. When Michelle ditches her for a new songwriter with more potential than she has on the morning of the competition, Kellin thinks she has noone left. That is until she finds another person without a partner on the day of the competition as well, living in the flat next to her. This person turns out to be her middle and highschool bully, who tormented her all through her teen and tween years. But, she has nothing else to do but chase after her dreams. This chronicles the two's time participating in the competition.

Last edited by Defy The Deranged on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:53 pm

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] 160vl7b

1) Please use proper grammar.
2) If you're going to be gone for a while, please say so, I'd like to know ahead of time.
3) Please write 2 paragraphs (5 sentences) at theleast for a post.
4) No Mary Sue or Gary Stus :3
5) Explicit content under spoilers, please.
6) If you read all the rules, put 'Songbird,' in your profile.
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:58 pm

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] 2rhsrki

Code:
[center][center](Picture of character here. I'd ask for real images please :3)[/center]
[center][b]Name:[/b] [/center]
[center][b]Birthday:[/b] [/center]
[center][b]Gender:[/b][/center]
[center][b]Age:[/b] (18-22)[/center]
[center][b]Sexuality:[/b] [/center]
[center][b]What genre of music to you lean towards?[/b][/center]
[center][b]Why'd you join the competition?:[/b] (Optional, I could get it in IC.)[/center]
[center][b]Bio:[/b] (Still could get it in IC.)[/center]
[center][b]Who's your musical inspiration?[/b] (Artists like Billie Joe Armstrong or Selena Gomez.)[/center]
[center][b]Anything other?[/b] (Put the word from the rules here as well as anything else.)[/center][/center]
[center][/center]

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] 2vvt9tz

Name: 

Kellin Smith

Birthday: 

December 11

Female

Sexuality: 

Hetereosexual

What genre of music to you lean towards? 

She leans towards the genre of indie and alternative. But overall, she writes more pop songs than anything.

Why'd you join the competition?:

Kellin always wanted to participate in the competition so she coul travel around the world, meet new people, and have the chance to get paid in the end. If she won the software and the money, Kellin was going to stay home and write songs all day.

Bio:

Her life is fairly normal. Her mother and father had her when they were teenagers, so she wasn't exactly the richest person growing up. But over time, her parents worked hard and reached the status of working middle class people. As a teen, her parents showed her the world of music and exposed her to different genres. She didn't have that well of a singing voice, but she knew how to read music and play many different instruments. Kellin eventually became influenced by the songwriters out there and started to write her own music.

Who's your musical inspiration?

She loves bands like Sleeping with Sirens and Death Cab for Cutie, but she also gets inspiration from the new and upcoming artists that she sees on Youtube. 

Anything other? 

Songbird

Last edited by Defy The Deranged on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:59 pm

You may post, I look forward to all sheets!
Back to top Go down
Regal

Regal

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Simmer-badge-1The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Bane-badge_zpsce099443The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Key-badge_zps22cf0e92
The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Nada-badge_zpsf4af9d1cThe Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Narwhale-badge_zps3787a110The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] YtNp4N6

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:03 pm

Oh you have the most unique and brilliant ideas, ever.

Good luck, hun <3. I will be popping back in an hour to see if anyone else is interested--if not I will work on a sheet.~
Back to top Go down
http://www.roleplaygalore.com
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

Just imagine that a bunch of badges are stored here...

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 pm

Oh, Defy, you beautiful writer you.

What do you envision this RP as? A boyxgirl, or a girlxgirl?
Back to top Go down
http://www.mycandylove.com/profil/Keiipuu
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 pm

Oh staph it you guys, you're gonna make me blush.

@Keii
Well, when I was writing this up, I envisioned this all as boyxgirl, but then I realized that my potential partners could have different outlooks than I do, so I made the option of it being girlxgirl if wanted by the partner.

I do like boy x girl, and I haven't played girl x girl in a while though >.<
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Ah, so you would prefer it being a male? (Not that I'm saying you do, but the story you have in mind might)
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:19 pm

In the story, I feel it would be a bit more fitting if it were a male, yeah.

In any other story, I would say whatever way goes, but this one I think a male would suit.
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Thank you for playing 20 questions with me Wink
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:22 pm

You are very much welcome, and I appreciate the interest you showed in this 1x1 of mine.

*created it in thirty minutes based off a mental brownie wrapper*
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Question: Facial hair or no facial hair? Wink
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:29 pm

Oh gosh this is hard..

Facial hair is great sometimes, but there are times when it's not..

No facial hair is kind of oredictable..

I like no facial hair..pfft, but if you want a small stubble, he's your character XD
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:37 pm

Okay~ I got the basics down >.< I'm going to save it as a draft and leave the bio and stuff in the morning Smile

I'm not asking you to hold the spot for me in any way shape or form. If someone else applies, then by all means~

Just letting you know I'm interested, lovely <3
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:39 pm

Otaii :3

I'm glad you're interested, thanks for showing interest!~

I'll work on the basics for my character too, just so I get an outlook on who she really is first.
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Sexy Can I? ;D   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 1:34 pm

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] Blogger-image-210921541

Name: 

Fernando Clark Jacobs

Birthday: 

May 5th

Male

Sexuality: 

Straight

"It varies; I listen to the radio so I know the 'pop' songs, but I also go out of my way to find new music. Anything that puts goosebumps on my skin will make me want to sing it."

"I don't really want to go into detail, but it's for my sister."

Bio: (Still could get it in IC.)

"My life isn't anything unusual. My mother is a single mother who works three jobs to support us. I've offered her the chance for me to get a job so she could drop one, but she is one stubborn woman. I have a little sister who isn't the average type of little sister. Most of the money my mother makes goes to her. This is a little bit of a sore subject for me, so that's all I'd like to say."

Who's your musical inspiration? (Artists like Billie Joe Armstrong or Selena Gomez.)

"Taylor Swift," Fernando softly chuckles. "Actually, I motivate myself just by talking to my sister. But, for inspiration, I love listening to soundtracks from movies. They're songs that are meant for a specific mood, and I find myself studying the way the singer hits specific notes to display emotions. I'm on The Great Gatsby soundtrack right now."

Anything other?

Songbird
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 2:27 pm

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] 2vvt9tz

Name: 
Kellin Smith
Birthday: 
December 11
Sexuality: 
Hetereosexual
She leans towards the genre of indie and alternative. But overall, she writes more pop songs than anything.
Kellin always wanted to participate in the competition so she coul travel around the world, meet new people, and have the chance to get paid in the end. If she won the software and the money, Kellin was going to stay home and write songs all day.
Bio:
Her life is fairly normal. Her mother and father had her when they were teenagers, so she wasn't exactly the richest person growing up. But over time, her parents worked hard and reached the status of working middle class people. As a teen, her parents showed her the world of music and exposed her to different genres. She didn't have that well of a singing voice, but she knew how to read music and play many different instruments. Kellin eventually became influenced by the songwriters out there and started to write her own music.
Who's your musical inspiration?
She loves bands like Sleeping with Sirens and Death Cab for Cutie, but she also gets inspiration from the new and upcoming artists that she sees on Youtube. 
Anything other? 
Songbird

Fernando is amazing :3 Kellin's right up here
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:03 pm

:3 She's so pretty~

Is Fernando accepted? Or do you want to wait to see if anyone else applies?
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:15 pm

He's definitely accepted!

Thank you, by the way, I spent a long time looking for a picture like that XD
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:29 pm

Woohoo~ Another RP for me~ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

XD So when would you like to start? I have the layout for the IC ready, I need to post it is all
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:51 pm

I'm cool with whenever Smile Whether it be now, or later. Whatever creams your twinkie~
Back to top Go down
Defy The Despair

Defy The Despair

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:52 pm

That was literally the best slogan I've ever heard oh my gosh.

Would you mind if we started now?
Back to top Go down
Keiipuu

Keiipuu

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 3:59 pm

I try ;D

And sure~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]   The Canary and its Songbird [Adv] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Canary and its Songbird [Adv]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Roleplay Galore :: Searches :: One on One Searches-
Jump to: